The Community Health is made of a team of experts working together to set a model for providing community-engaged, comprehensive care to targeted communities.
Since August 4 2020, this team did the following:
- A comprehensive assessment of the healthcare needs of the Karantina community.
- Supporting the healthcare services in the Karantina Primary Healthcare Center; e.g. obtained supplies from the ICRC.
- Establishing a nurse-managed clinic for chronically ill patients in Karantina through an inter-professional team.
- Launched a municipality-driven COVID-19 response plan that included training of the nurses and medical doctors volunteering to serve their communities.
Primary Healthcare Center in Karantina
Community Right to Health
- Coordinated with the Ministry of Public Health the access to PHC
- Solicited the support of the International Red Cross to replenish the lost equipment and tools
- Signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Karantina hospital administration
- Supported Karantina Hospital PHC with students and trainees to deliver service
- Mobilized AUB/AUBMC professional health workers
- Collaborated with the Lebanese University- Family medicine residents
COVID-19 Task Force
- Developed a framework for COVID Task force units
- Developed a COVID management guidebook
- Established a training program for local nurses and doctors
- Established a Hotline for AUBMC
- Collaborated with the COVID-19 ministerial committee on the municipality initiative
- Collaborated with NGOs on a Vaccine awareness campaign on social media
- Supported a Vaccine registration drive