Our mission is to enable and support educational leaders, teachers, students and parents with resources, and the know-how needed to provide an environment conducive to learning in a disaster-stricken context.
Our action goals therefore are to:
- Contribute and influence the development of customized quality criteria based on educational best practices and case studies,
- Help assess the needs, identify gaps, and provide solutions to schools on the short-term and long-term.
- Map and document existing resources and initiatives to facilitate efficient coordination among multiple networks and stakeholders.
- Designed a framework for educational institutions and leaders following disaster that identify the domains that requires urgent attention.
- Partnered with educational experts, associations and institutions working on initiatives to support schools through training and coaching of teachers, parents and students.
- Mobilized volunteers through partnering with a network of graduate students from eight universities across Lebanon.
- Connected with experts compiling data and studies on school needs and potential solutions in disaster context
- Formed advocacy team to communicate with decision makers at the ministry and major agencies historically involved in supporting the sector.
Funding needs per domain:
- School supplies and building restoration cost
- Teachers salary adjustments (avoid attrition and large class sizes)
- Students Tuition
- Students Tutors
- Students well-being activities/ experts / programs
- Expert trainers and coaches
- Experts cost for research and design for policy recommendations
Focal Area Leads: Dr. Rima Karami Akkary
- Suzanne Abdel Reda (Lebanese Association for Educational Studies)
- Tamer El Amine ( Chair-Education Department AUB)
- Julia Mahfouz
- Salwa El Ali ( Graduate Education Students Network- GESN)
- Basma Faour (Connect and rebuild Education in Lebanon- CARE Leb)