Our mission is to support the economic recovery of SMEs that were impacted by the Beirut explosion.
Our action goals, therefore, are to:
- Assess the needs and fundraise to offer immediate support for short-term needs of local businesses.
- Develop a plan for the recovery phase consisting of channeling donations/funds and offering expertise and technical support.
- Created the core SME recovery team
- Set strategic plan with a gender-inclusive lens
- Built strategic partnership with Backbone Beirut
- Ongoing outreach and building partnerships
- Map needs of around 120 SMEs in the most affected areas
- Set donation mechanism for direct donations to local businesses
- Support 3 SMEs
Focal Area Leads: Dr. Alain Daou and Dr. Lina Daouk-Oyri
- Houssam El Eid
- Lina Tannir
- Leila Khauli